Friday, August 21, 2015

What? More Art?



Dismaland totally made my day.  Its things like this that really make me regret not being rich enough to hop over to Europe for awesome things at the drop of a hat.  The Guardian has a good piece, natch.  And a photo gallery.  I assume there will be extensive coverage, since the show only runs for 5 weeks.

via The Guardian

“I guess you’d say it’s a theme park whose big theme is – theme parks should have bigger themes." - Banksy

via The Guardian
An awesome art exhibition, caracature artists who draw caricatures of the back of your head, but my super favorite part is that you can buy a kit to break into bus stop advertising.  

via The Guardian


So I found a new-to-me artist on Saatchi online:  Campbell La Pun.  I was saving it for my next weekly devotional, and then Banksy happened.  It seemed thematically appropriate--my fav piece was made with spray paint and hand cut stencil, and is a mere $1300.

Campbell La Pun


I think pop art is tough, but I'm starting to think Japan might have an advantage.  I assume because I ignore or somehow filter any awkward political overtone when it comes from Japan.




Also, did you know there is a reality show called Dating Naked?  It seems to actually be about going on blind date nudist outings.  That is so amazing.  (I'm watching the Bourne Identity right now, and the ad just flashed by).

Also also, I always get the best US news on The Guardian--like this awesome video of a family of bears swimming in an above ground pool in Rockaway, NJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment