So, through a gmail miscommunication I was left to photograph the party myself. Which produced lackluster results, but I am editting through the pile (of 306 raw images....). Here is a quick tease off my iPhone:
The girls loved the party, and I may never go back to providing my own entertainment/crafts/etc. Pretty & Posh Parties saved my life, b/c I was a tired, hungry pregnant lady by the time 3:30 rolled around (even though my mom reminded me twice to stop and eat lunch). 3 hours is a long time to have 9 little girls who haven't played outside in over a month confined to one floor of your house, but besides mysterious pink and chocolate stains on the couch we survived. I'll do a party post in the next day or so (believe it or not, this party prep and execution has left me a tiny bit behind at work), but here are a few general lesson learned from this experience.
- The quality of luster dust varies. Don't assume they are all equal. Also, you can't luster dust Little Debbies--not a smooth surface.
- Disco dust, i.e. edible glitter, is AMAZEBALLS. Keep plenty on hand. Even the little Trade Joe's pre-packaged cupcakes looked better with glitter.
- Icing cookies the "Martha" way--royal icing, outline, flooding--is WAY easier than expected. Sort of sad that it took me this long to figure it out.
- Icing a cake is not like riding a bike. Results will vary. Outsourcing is recommended.
- Check all your linens before you leave the rental facility--in the plastic, all looked great. But I ended up with "Rose", an old lady mauve color, instead of hot pink. Rookie mistake, and I'm hardly a rookie at renting linens. Oh well.
- Take the time for buffet labels. Would have improved the styling, even if the desserts were pretty obvious.
- Always hire a photographer if the photos are important. Or figure out how to edit. After watching this (click each photo), I'm starting to wonder if everything isn't photoshopped a bit. At least the indoor ones--lighting is tricky!
At Crate & Barrel:
|Cute for a laundry room, no? But the bulbs are pricey :(|
|Adorbs outdoor furniture option.|
|Owl lamps with no commitment.|
Also, while you are anxiously awaiting the full party download, check out foo dogs for sale on OKL. I've got my eye on these....will I resist?