Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Weekly Devotional: 11.29.16

Did everyone have a good thanksgiving?  I didn't travel and I didn't host and it was .....magical.  I did pretty much all my Black Friday-ing online.  I always hit Gap/OldNavy/BR, J Crew, Kate Spade, and Lands End.  Every year.  What are y'alls go to's?  Who am I missing?  (Amazon doesn't count anymore).

Don't worry if you spent all your money.  Other people have plenty of it.  And we can just look at their homes.  If living in Notting Hill isn't sweet enough, these guys killed it on the interiors.  Via 1st Dibs.



A lovely NY home by an architect.  I think this first appeared in AD, but maybe I'm crazy.  It's on New York Cottages & Gardens.




How 'bout some farm houses?

One from Rue:




And one from LGN.  Well, this is more cabin than farmhouse but still.




Truth be told, I'm only so-so on farmhouses.  Although the amount of tile in the kitchen is truly impressive.  One thing I don't have to caveat?  A lacquered ceiling with a huge chandelier.  From the Southeastern Designer's Showhouse in ATL.


Switching gears to non interiors offerings, if you had forgotten about your wanderlust problem, try this collection of photos on Huff Post.


And for some self improvement, here are 8 amazing TED Talks every woman should watch in her 20s.  And they are good for those of us who were 30 when TED Talks started.




I'm writing this while waiting for Charlotte's ballet class to get out.  The class in the studio by the waiting room is playing a piano rendition of I Dreamed A Dream from Les Miserables.  Is it just that I spent too much time at an performing arts boarding school, or does that song make everyone SO SAD?  Not sure and need to test it?  Here is Anne Hathaway and here is Ruthie Henshall
(for those who ONLY kick it West End style)

Yep, I'm a little rusty at these devotionals but I'm sure its just like riding a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment